Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions are your agreement with Nights Under Canvas. Upon confirmation of your booking you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of hire. A copy of these Terms & Conditions will be sent to the hirer with the confirmation of reservation.
The ‘hirer’ is the person, firm, company hiring equipment from Nights Under Canvas.
“Equipment” is defined as the tent and furnishings including but not limited to: Bell Tent outer cover, tent door, rope, pegs, poles, groundsheet, coir matting, rugs, beds, duvets, tables and lights.
Nights Under Canvas undertakes:
• To provide the hirer with a confirmation of booking within five working days of the receipt of the deposit.
• To deliver and erect the agreed equipment, at the agreed address on the agreed delivery date and time as stated in the confirmation of booking.
• To dismantle and remove the equipment from site on the agreed dismantle date and time as stated in the confirmation of booking.
• To provide equipment that is in good working order and the equipment specified in the confirmation of booking.
Conditions of Hire
1. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the safety of the tent equipment and the safety of any person who makes use of the equipment for the duration of the hire period.
2. The tents are pitched on campsites owned by third parties. Separate terms and conditions apply to each site. In addition to Nights Under Canvas’ terms and conditions, the hirer must abide by the site’s terms and conditions for the duration of the hire period.
3. A charge will be made for damage and/or loss of the tent or any furnishings. The charge made will be no more than the cost of replacing the tent, or the damaged item. If this charge is to exceed the value of the security deposit paid the client agrees to pay all costs incurred in repairing/replacing the equipment. Deposits will never be retained without cause, and in the event of no damage will be returned in full within 7 days of the last day of rental. The hirer is responsible for the safety and security of the tent from the date of arrival to the date of departure from the site.
4. The hirer will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the equipment is not at any time altered or interfered with. The hirer will ensure that no ropes, walls, poles, pegs or any other parts of the tent are removed or modified in any way. The hirer takes full responsibility for any actions by third parties that cause damage to the tent. The hirer takes full responsibility for the actions of third parties that cause safety or fire risks and the consequences that result from such risks.
5. The equipment remains the sole property of Nights Under Canvas at all times and the hirer is prohibited from hiring, selling or parting possession from the equipment for the duration of the hire period.
6. The tents supplied have openings at the sides that can be adjusted to promote ventilation and natural light. However, rain may still be able to enter. Whilst Nights Under Canvas will always do its best to ensure that you enjoy the use of the tent the company cannot be held responsible for bad weather or Acts of God.
7. A non refundable deposit equivalent to 50% of the full hire charge is required with booking. Please note that your booking will not be confirmed until the deposit has been paid in full. The full balance of the hire charge is payable no less than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the rental, together with a returnable ‘bond’ of £125. Bookings received less than four weeks in advance of arrival will require payment to be sent in full with the returnable ‘bond’ of £125. Cancellations of less than four weeks prior to your arrival will forfeit the cost of your holiday. You may wish to obtain travel insurance to cover this.
8. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that there is no loss or damage to the equipment or personal injury to themselves or third parties. Nights Under Canvas accepts no liability for loss or damage to personal possessions or injury or death to themselves or third parties who use the tents and equipment.
9. In the event of high winds we reserve the right to cancel the additional hire of our Awnings. The hire charge will be returned in full along with the returnable ‘bond’.
• No cooking or use of gas appliances of any kind should be used inside the tent.
• No naked flames near or inside tent. Firepits used entirely at your own risk.
• Dog owners staying with their dog must agree to our “Dog Terms and Conditions”
• No smoking allowed inside our tents
You agree that Nights Under Canvas will not be held liable for any of the following: Act of God including tempest, fire, flood, storm or natural disaster; War, civil war, sabotage or act of terrorism; Government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation or order; Labour disputes, including strikes, lockouts, boycotts or other industrial action; Failure in the transportation of equipment, machinery or personnel or in the provision of any utility including power, gas, water or communication services. Choice of Law.
Nights Under Canvas reserves the right to cancel or amend a booking due to adverse weather conditions.
Nights Under Canvas reserves the right to amend the website and the Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice.